The Foursquare Church created this training series to prevent the maltreatment of children and youth so they can mature in personal faith in Christ without the wounds of abuse in their lives. You may watch the four-part series below, and download the study materials here.
“…may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:23
God intends for our children and youth to meet and accept Jesus Christ early in life and to realize their full potential in the Holy Spirit without the wounds of abuse to slow down their spiritual growth and development. These video sessions focus on biblical principles applying how to help children and youth mature with little or no impact from abuse or maltreatment.
Watch the full video online in the following four segments.
SESSION 1: PRESERVING GOD’S CALL IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD
- Describe the effects of child abuse
- Commit to safe ministries for children and youth
- Understand how molesters operate
- Discover steps to protect staff and volunteers from false accusations
SESSION 2: PROTECTION AND PURITY
- Commit to effective abuse prevention in our churches
- Identify and take action on warning signs of abuse
- Understand and implement proactive and redemptive steps for responding to allegations of abuse
SESSION 3: BOUNDARIES, BEHAVIOR AND BARRIERS (ATTITUDES AND REACTIONS)
- Boundaries for volunteers who work with children and youth
- Behavior management for church volunteers
- Barriers to adults reporting their concerns about other adults
SESSION 4: SELF-PROTECTION WITH GODLY CONFIDENCE
- Ten ways to protect children and youth from abuse
- Warning signs that a child feels uncomfortable
- How to respond if someone tells you they have been abused
- Youth to youth abuse – what it is and how to prevent it