Who is Jesus? - Wrong Answers Only
March 20, 2022 Pastor: Daniel Lanning Series: Mark: The Forgotten Gospel
Scripture: Mark 3:20–35
WHO IS JESUS? — WRONG ANSWERS ONLY
- What his family says about him.
- What the scribes say about him.
- Jesus responds by talking about the nature of the kingdom.
- Jesus counters the accusation of the scribes, and describes the danger they are in.
- Jesus counters the accusation of his family, and describes unity in the kingdom.
- Jesus’ own family members think that he has “lost his senses.”
- The scribes think that he is “possessed by Beelzebul.”
The Nature of the Kingdom, and of Forgiveness:
- A kingdom or house divided against itself cannot stand.
- God is strong enough to bind the “strong man”, enter his house, and plunder his “property.”
- “Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
- If we reject God as the source of forgiveness, there is no other way to be forgiven.
- Identity in the Kingdom of God is less about where you come from, and more about who you’re following.
- The most important question we can answer: who is Jesus?
- We will always need the forgiveness that God offers.
- Living in the Kingdom is about learning how to follow Jesus, not just being associated with him.
More in Mark: The Forgotten Gospel
January 29, 2023To All Creation
January 22, 2023Hope in the Darkest Hour
January 15, 2023The Glorious Death of King Jesus