Tombs, Demons, and Pigs, Oh My!
Scripture: Mark 5:1–20, 1 Peter 5:8, Ephesians 6:12, Colossians 2:15, Mark 4:15–17, Ephesians 2:4–5
TOMBS, DEMONS, AND PIGS, OH MY!
- “region of the Garasenes”
- “man with an evil spirit came from the tombs”
- “my name is Legion”
- “Those tending the pigs”
- “Go home to your own people”
1 Peter 5:8, Ephesians 6:12, Colossians 2:15, Mark 4:15-17, Ephesians 2:4-5
- Jesus has authority over Satan and his legion of demons.
- Spiritual warfare is real, but Christ has achieved complete victory.
- When God manifests himself in Jesus, some people beg him to leave while others desire to be with him.
A picture of redemption and discipleship: a restored individual, sitting at the feet of Jesus, sent home to tell how much the Lord has done for him.