A Scandalous Homecoming
Scripture: Mark 6:1–6, Mark 8:34, James 2:14–26, John 15:18–25, 1 Peter 4:12–18
A SCANDALOUS HOMECOMING
- Crowd at home was amazed by his abilities, wisdom, & miracles.
- Crowd at home questioned the source of his authority.
- Crowd at home was offended by his message.
- Jesus was disturbed by the lack of faith.
Lessons from Nazareth:
Mark 8:34, James 2:14-26, John 15:18-25, 1 Peter 4:12-18
- There is an immense difference between having faith in Jesus and having facts or feelings about Jesus.
- Followers of Jesus are to remain faithful to the mission and message of the kingdom of God regardless of the response.
Ex: Amazement, questioning, dismissal, rejection, etc.
- How disturbed or amazed is Jesus by my measure of faith?