Faith for the Journey
Scripture: Mark 9:14–29, Exodus 34:29–35, Ephesians 6:10–13, 1 Peter 5:8
FAITH FOR THE JOURNEY
Mark 9:14-29, Mark 6:6-13, Exodus 34:29-35
- Disputing scribes
- Desperate father
- Demon-possessed boy
- Dumbfounded disciples
Five Observations from the Story:
1 Peter 5:8-9, Ephesians 6:10-13
- Jesus’ presence brings hope to completely hopeless situations.
- Following Jesus involves a real spiritual battle.
- Wrestling with belief is not the same as absence of belief.
- Prayer without faith is an empty ritual.
- Faith for the journey is honest about how small it is and trusts the promises of Jesus before the results.